Who am I?
I am a designer from Teaneck, New Jersey and a graduate of the fashion design program at Syracuse University.
In the beginning, I did not know what my purpose was as a designer when I started my journey at Syracuse University in 2013. Through experimentation, travel, and self exploration, I have found my inspiration in the underdogs of the fashion industry. The "underdogs" are women of color, plus size women, and men. This is a demographic that drives my aspirations to create a solid presence for them in high fashion and mainstream fashion. A presence that pushes the boundaries of what the industry has been and make the industry what it could be.
I am devoted to creating an inclusive environment in the fashion industry, inspiring others, inspiring change, and creating innovative fashion of the future.
Syracuse University, College of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse, New York
Bachelor of Arts, Fashion Design, Class of 2017
London College of Fashion, Study Abroad Program, London, England
January 18, 2016 – April 15th, 2016
Skills Sewing, Pattern Making, Draping, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PLM
Lana Fashionwear Inc.
Assistant Designer September 2018 – Present
• Worked closely with the Senior Designer to conduct trend research, shop the market, and present a full overview of current trends to our clients to show them how they can provide something new for their customer.
• Worked with the Senior Designer and Product Manager to create full collections for the client that drove sales.
• Developed all mood boards and sketches for presentation to the client along with print and fabric inspiration.
• Worked in Illustrator and Photoshop to sketch styles, develop prints, and was the appointed person for all Adobe related needs.
• Used my knowledge of garment construction and sewing to create styles that worked best for the customer and created the desired aesthetic.
• Accessory design.
• Corresponded and collaborated with clients on the development of styles and prints.
• Adhered to schedules and created line sheets for each season and assisted in all garment fittings.
• Assist in the making of tech packs.
New York & Company August 2018 – September 2018
Freelance Color and Fabric Evaluation Associate
• Entered color comments made by product development team into their Color Management System.
• Relayed color comments to overseas vendors via email.
• Relayed bulk fabric approval comments to overseas factories via email.
• Filed all color submits in the color office and made sure the color office was kept organized.
Freelance Stylist May 2018 – May 2019
• Provided quality customer service and assisted app users in styling themselves in everyday life and for special events.
• Identified the needs and style preferences of the user to help them find what worked best for them while encouraging them to try new things and challenge their boundaries.
• Used my knowledge of trends, color, design, and clothing stores to drive sales.
Chookhare & Sons, New York, New York
Client Services/Assistant Designer April 2018 – August 2018
• Designed custom men’s suits, tuxedos, pants, blazers, and shirts.
• Conducted client consultations along with the head of the company and drove the personal design process.
• Acted as product manager from the designing of the product through delivery of the product.
• Lead fittings and acted as technical designer to get the best fit and achieve the desired style for the client.
• Fulfilled administrative duties and communicated with overseas factories about wants and needs of the customer.
• Maintained the client database and kept in contact with current and new clients to foster a continuous relationship to drive business.
American Eagle/Aerie, New York, New York
Freelance Production Assistant January 2018 – February 2018
• Supported the production team for intimates and swimwear.
• Trained in the PLM system.
• Learned the aesthetic and style of the Aerie brand and assisted in the choosing of fabrics and trims.
• Allocated samples to correct teams.
• Worked with the product manager to ensure raw materials were executable and kept with the aesthetic of the brand.
• Participated in milestone meetings with design, production, and merchant teams.
• Completed various clerical tasks upon request.
• Kept the fabric sample library in order.
Fashion to Figure, New York, New York
Design Intern June 2017 – September 2017
• Assisted in the designing of each collection and created boards for presentations of collections.
• Did Illustrator sketching and fabric development in Photoshop.
• Conducted seasonal trend research and prepared for trend presentations; created trend packets.
• Communicated with factories in China about design and production needs and assisted in garment fittings.
Awards Fashion Without Limits Emme Award Winner 2016
COMPUTER SKILLS Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, PLM