Who am I?
I am a designer from Teaneck, New Jersey and a graduate of the fashion design program at Syracuse University.
In the beginning, I did not know what my purpose was as a designer when I started my journey at Syracuse University in 2013. Through experimentation, travel, and self exploration, I have found my inspiration in the promising prospect of a fashion industry of inclusion. A realm where gender and physical appearance are not the main concern and where self expression and feeling are what matters most. I wish to contribute to an industry that cares about the earth and all the people on it.
I am devoted to creating an inclusive environment in the fashion industry, inspiring others, inspiring change, and creating innovative fashion of the future.
Syracuse University, College of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse, New York
Bachelor of Arts, Fashion Design, Class of 2017
London College of Fashion, Study Abroad Program, London, England
January 18, 2016 – April 15th, 2016
Skills: Sewing, Pattern Making, Draping, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PLM
Synergy Sourcing Inc.
Associate Designer September 2018 – Present
• In charge of day to day operations of the design team including trend research, shopping the market, sourcing
materials, creating presentations and concepts for buyers, communicating with factories as needed.
• Develop all mood boards and sketches for presentations to the client along with print and fabric inspiration.
• Do all presentations.
• Work with the Senior Designer and Product Manager to create full collections for the client that drive sales.
• Work in Illustrator and Photoshop to sketch and develop prints.
• Use my knowledge of garment construction and sewing to create styles that work best for the customer and create
the desired aesthetic (working in mostly wovens and knits).
• Accessory design.
• Correspond and collaborate with clients and factories on the development of styles and prints.
• Adhere to schedules, create line sheets for each season, and assist in all garment fittings.
• Assist in the making of tech packs.
New York & Company
Freelance Color and Fabric Evaluation Associate August 2018 – September 2018
• Entered color comments made by product development team into their Color Management System.
• Relayed color comments to overseas vendors via email.
• Relayed bulk fabric approval comments to overseas factories via email.
• Filed all color submits in the color office and made sure the color office was kept organized.
Freelance Stylist May 2018 – May 2019
• Provided quality customer service and assisted app users in styling themselves in everyday life and for special
• Identified the needs and style preferences of the user to help them find what worked best for them while encouraging
them to try new things and challenge their boundaries.
• Used my knowledge of trends, color, design, and clothing stores to drive sales.
Chookhare & Sons, New York, New York
Client Services/Assistant Designer April 2018 – August 2018
• Designed custom men’s suits, tuxedos, pants, blazers, and shirts.
• Conducted client consultations along with the head of the company and drove the personal design process.
• Acted as product manager from the designing of the product through delivery of the product.
• Lead fittings and acted as technical designer to get the best fit and achieve the desired style for the client.
• Fulfilled administrative duties and communicated with overseas factories about wants and needs of the customer.
• Maintained the client database and kept in contact with current and new clients to foster a continuous relationship to drive business.
American Eagle/Aerie, New York, New York
Freelance Production Assistant January 2018 – February 2018
• Supported the production team for intimates and swimwear.
• Trained in the PLM system.
• Learned the aesthetic and style of the Aerie brand and assisted in the choosing of fabrics and trims.
• Allocated samples to correct teams.
• Worked with the product manager to ensure raw materials were executable and kept with the aesthetic of the brand.
• Participated in milestone meetings with design, production, and merchant teams.
• Completed various clerical tasks upon request.
• Kept the fabric sample library in order.
Fashion to Figure, New York, New York
Design Intern June 2017 – September 2017
• Assisted in the designing of each collection and created boards for presentations of collections.
• Did Illustrator sketching and fabric development in Photoshop.
• Conducted seasonal trend research and prepared for trend presentations; created trend packets.
• Communicated with factories in China about design and production needs and assisted in garment fittings.
Awards: Fashion Without Limits Emme Award Winner 2016
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, PLM